What is your role at Swimways?
I am a Product Designer. I work on everything from concept sketches to creating 3-D models for our products and even designing the graphics that are applied to them.
How long have you worked at Swimways?
Two years and three months.
What is your favorite product?
Most of my favorite products are still under development, but the Wake Breaker Football will always hold a special place in my heart. It was my first design project when I started here.
Share a recipe:
I did find this sesame noodle salad recipe that I like to make. It’s great because it’s pretty quick and easy, but still makes you look a lot fancier than you really are when you bring in leftovers for lunch.
- Boil 16oz of angel hair pasta until al dente, then drain and set aside.
- Whisk together .5 cups of sesame oil, .5 cups soy sauce, .25cups balsamic vinegar, 1 table spoon balsamic vinegar, and .25 cups of sugar in a large bowl.
- Chop up 1 green onion and dice 1 red bell pepper.
- Mix the pasta and vegetables in the bowl with the dressing and sprinkle with 1 tea spoon of sesame seeds.
- I usually cook up some shrimp with a few cloves of garlic and a dash of chili powder and throw it in the mix, as well, but that’s not part of the original recipe.
What would you build using SwimWays Noodle Lynx?
I would build a new tomorrow! Or a 1-to-1 scale Godzilla. It’s a toss up.
What are you currently Netflix binging?
Currently watching Firefly. My roommate has been dropping not so subtle hints for the past two years that I really need to watch it and I finally am. Only halfway through, but am enjoying it so far.
Have you won any awards?
I won first place in a 1-Hour Design Challenge on Core77.com. The prompt was to design a product or piece of furniture that would help improve freelancers’ life and/or workflow and the solution had to be designed and illustrated in an hour. I thought about all of the people who tote their laptops to work out and about at coffee shops and similar places and was reminded of frustrations with my own laptop. Every time I roll up my power chord it stays rolled up for about one second until it explodes into a tangly mess, so I created a wind-up power cord to keep it neat and compact.
If you could be any fictional character, who would you be?
I would be The Avatar! I would master all of the elemental bending skills. Plus, who doesn’t wanna be the bridge between our world and the Spirit World? Ya know?